- Jennifer Yuh Nelson
- A new villain has come to town, a peacock with fireworks as his great weapon to destroy China.
- Po and friends will need to fight against him.
- But this peacock was part of Po’s past. Po must face his past in order to move forward and fight against the peacock.
- As always, DreamWorks animation makes me laugh a lot. The movie is definitely funny, filled with happiness, and well fighting scenes – little kids love the scenes, they’re never destructive but enjoyable.
- I think this movie is perfect for the whole family. Me and my family watched this movie in cinema, and we enjoyed it. We had a lot of laughs, when the movie was finished; it was completely satisfying and entertaining.
- I can’t think of anything negative until now.
- The character designs are awesome and very imaginative.
Voice Actors/Character Opinions:
- Jack Black as Po – I don’t know, as always Jack Black is really good as voice actor for most of animated films. He sounds funny, and also very cute and annoying. He is just like Donkey from shrek, and he has a lot of gags.
- Angelina Jolie as Tigress – she sounds so strong and very brave woman. She is good, felt the mood.
- Gary Oldman as Lord Shen – I like his role, his character is funny and he doesn’t look like a villain but he’s kind of something like a friend only. But you’ll never hate him even in the end. He’s like Loki from Avengers; you’ll never get angry with these villains.
- Jackie Chan as Monkey – He is basically the perfect Chinese role, hehe, he only has few scripts.
- Seth Rogen as Mantis – The character of Mantis has been improved and better than the previous Kung Fu Panda. He is so visible in this film although he is very small.
- Lucy Liu as Viper – Her voice is a sexy Chinese for me. But her character is also very unique, although I can’t feel much of her uniqueness.
Set design and costume:
- The setting is so Chinese, and that is a good thing.
- I also appreciate the idea that the characters are all animals, because the film is primarily for kids. And even adults are enjoying it.
- I felt great after watching the film. It’s filled with fun, and laughter. This is a two thumbs up film for me.
- The storyline is not that predictable, as a young adult, the story gave me cute expectations but cannot predict what the writer intended to happen. But generally, the story will always have a happy ending, if not, then this wont be a children’s film after all.
- The story also opens up a new excitement for the kids; there will be a kung fu panda 3.
- The music is very Chinese. Good mood music and funny score makes the film great. I just did not focus on the film score that much.
Stars and ratings:
- The action and destruction is very mind, and it’s basically for kids and the whole family. I’d recommend this for the whole family even for Christian..
- Wallpaper – Wikipedia.org
- Info – IMDB and Wikipedia