Good Bye Day Job Hello Entrepreneur
It’s been almost a year since I last worked a normal day job. It is an awesome experience. I have a mix of feeling scared, excited, and joyful. Scared, because I have no idea what’s next, and I feel blind and no control over my future. Excited, because every morning is a surprise from either social media updates or possible clients and projects. Joyful, because overall, even though I have no control over everything, it turned out to be fun and I am still alive. And to think about it, I have tripled to 4x my income than when I was still working a day job.
- I am my own boss. I know it’s not always like that because clients are my boss, but the freedom to make my own schedule, to sleep or lie down on my bed anytime, drink water, juice, or go to the rest room for as long as I want, no rules how I sit, no workmate to annoy me and my work, because not all workmates want to work, mostly will want to pass the time not doing anything, which is not my kind of employee, no need to ask permission from anybody about how I dress, no need to wear makeup, no need to fix errors on pc that I don’t even own (permission issues!), and so much more! I am really my own boss.
- Open Opportunity. It’s because this work is very open for possible opportunities. Anything can happen every day. I can be given an offer for the $$$ amount of money anytime. I can be invited to any events, workshops, freelance work opportunities either international or local, and I can even enjoy my day not working but just enjoying. Really, it’s a whole world of possibilities each day, and even though I have no control, I can see how free and open my every tomorrow will bring.
- Schedule of Pay. I know that not everyone has the same experience with getting their salaries. I get my income mostly every week. Sometimes I get enough, sometimes I get a lot! And it feels amazing to expect income every week! You can quickly use your income for your needs, all your bills, groceries and etc.
- The flexibility of hours. Depending on the project you’re currently working, you have the option to properly schedule all your tasks, and save a few days to just relax and enjoy. You can adjust your schedule according to importance, or urgency. Conveniently, you can adjust your work being productive and then have your precious “me time”.
- Building a product. I have been studying business because freelancing, and with a lot of research, I realized that you need to have a product. With freelance work, you can properly plan your dream product, something that can be turned into an asset which can also be a passive income along the way. This is so important to me because a passive income makes you super peaceful in the future!
- Global Exposure. With a regular day job, you don’t have enough time to make your self-brand exposed for the whole world to see, you are limited to the company and it’s employees usually. In my regular day job before, I don’t even have enough time to post on facebook what are my current project. Every end of the day, I always want to go home and sleep! With a freelance job, you have all the tasks in front of you, it’s up to you how to manage all your tasks, schedule them one at a time and properly post your portfolios, network with professionals in your industry and be exposed in the global market!
- New Skills. Honestly, with this freelance life, you can schedule yourself to watch tutorials that help you gain new skills. You can accept projects that you aren’t fully an expert with, and learn the skill as you go. The human standard of education cannot beat experience.
- No Office Politics. I am sure you have experienced this, we all have! Gossips, workmate attitude, work issues inside the company, politics! You don’t experience that in the freelance world. The client will hire you because of your skills, you are capable of the job, not just because you are super friends with the client. A client pays your talent!
- No Commute. Yes, you don’t have to wait in line, sweat your life looking for PUV! The time it takes to travel, it will be added to your productivity time working as a freelancer. And the excess time, you can use it for yourself, and spend it with your family and for all your human needs!
- Freedom. Why? You can choose what kind of project you want to work with, you can choose what kind of client you wish to collaborate with! It’s all up to you and your situation. Take note, losing one client does not mean unemployment.
- Full Credit. This is a huge thing for me. When you work on a project, you can demand full credit for your work. A company is not controlling you. You have full control of how copyright works with your own work.
- New Relationship. You can have a super wide area of a new client relationship. Every project means new connection, a new friend, new relationship. You can always learn from people and their projects. A new client means, new opportunities beyond opportunities.
What is the biggest change?
Advice to employees?
I Left My Day Job And Became an Entrepreneur
I Left My Day Job And Became an Entrepreneur